Break-ups, they're hard under any circumstance, but there are certain things you can do or not do to make the experience a little easier. Some say you should allow yourself a certain amount of time to cry and be miserable. Others say you should get out and join a group or volunteer. And still others advise to pick up a new hobby. Bee - ssssss. These are my tried and tested methods for breaking up.
1. Get Drunk. Yes alcohol is a depressant and it will make you feel worse, BUT it will put you in positions to have a really good time and end up doing things you would never do, and talk to people you would never talk to. It's guaranteed to get you the rebound sex you'll need to snap out of your funk.
2. Get Artistic. Right now you are full of all the emotion and turmoil you need to create the next great novel or painting. You've never written or picked up a paint brush? It doesn't matter, when you're suffering through a breakup, everything you do artistically, will turn to gold.
3. Self Help Books. These can be a little tricky, but if you stay focused, they can be a huge asset in getting over your relationship. First, you'll realize how badly you screwed up in your last relationship and what an absolute sucky girlfriend/boyfriend you were. Then, they will teach you the skills to be a thoughtful, well adjusted, insightful human being and a totally awesome girlfriend/boyfriend.
4. Spend a sh!t load of $$$$. That's right, blow your bank account UP! And max your credit cards out! You're gonna be depressed, real depressed, so you need to do things that will pick up your spirits. Buy lots of clothes ( if your ex sees you, they'll see your moving on, new stuff, new things happening) go out, eat out and travel. All of these activities will keep your spirits up. Now, when reality crashes down on you, you'll be so preoccupied with your F!#$%! up financial situation, you won't be thinking about your ex.
5. Get a dog.That's right, I said it. Four paws are better than two feet and two hands. Get a dog, preferably, a young cute one that you can take for walks at happening spots. Not only will your new four-legged companion help you get the hotties attention and a date, if you go home alone... you won't be alone! They will sit in your lap or cuddle up next to you and you'll always feel loved.
6. Get back together. What were you thinking? You can't just break up. You always have to have a plan in place. Get a new girlfriend/boyfriend lined up before you dump your current one, and avoid all the drama, the tears and the misery. It's the right thing to do.... for you!